North East London Infrastructures Strategy
Building estate models that better align with delivery of clinical, digital and workforce strategies.
The challenge we are trying to solve
North East London’s Integrated Care System (NEL ICS) is working to build estates models that better align with delivery of clinical, digital and workforce strategies. It is our ambition to develop system-wide estates plans that deliver fit-for-purpose buildings for neighbourhood and place teams delivering integrated primary care.
Aims of the project
In order to develop robust estates plans for each Primary Care Network (PCN), a number of interrelated components need to be considered and it is anticipated these plans will evolve and develop in complexity over several iterations. There are two phases in delivering this work:
- Phase one, we have prioritised working with each borough to understand:
- The populations served by each PCN (including areas of significant growth)
- The health needs of each PCN population and the current deployment of ARRS roles to gain a view on capacity and type of space required by these roles
- Phase two, the following pieces of work are also underway and their impact on infrastructure will need to be incorporated into PCN estate plans
- NEL population growth and service impact modelling
- Baseline Primary Care Data Gathering exercise
- Space estimation tool refresh
- Local out of hospital and integrated community service programmes and local capital and community infrastructure programmes